Friday, 17 May 2013

Back to Basics: Winter Style

So if you live in Sydney at the moment, you probably would have noticed the temperature drop in the last couple of days. The only good thing about winter here, is that its brings about mandarin season, but pfft mandarins have been so bloody gross lately that this weather just sucks. 
I went into Valley girl yesterday and basically bought a brand new wardrobe haha, turtle necks and all! - the joy of a turtle neck (who doesn't love turtle necks in winter!)
As much as a hate the cold, there's something really cool about this season (and I don't just mean literally). I mean everyone is just less in your face, especially around the eastern suburbs parts I feel like some of the "snobbyness" has subsided, and the burbs have really become all about trackies lol 
Anyway enough about that. 
So like I said the other day, I got to go through countless of jackets,turtle necks and basic long sleeved tops at Valley girl for a new look book I'm putting together ( as you can see below - its quite basic at the moment.)




Valley girl is cheap as chips for the basics, I'm pretty sure I bought just a basic long sleeved top for about $4.95 (let me just say - cray cray)
& NOW REFER TO SIDE PICTURE>
Blazers are dirt cheap in there also, ranging from about $15.99 - $35.95
The white blazer, I'm wearing in the photo below was $19.99 and the white top - also a bargain at $9.99.
At the moment,  I'm also trying to master this winter is the ear muffs, I haven't been brave enough to wear my white fluffy ones in public, but I'm definitely not going to give a s*** later on down the track when my earlobes are all frosty. 
Equip has the cutest earmuffs and winter gloves at the moment, they are honestly so cute - but unless you live in a really cold area in Aus, you probably look bit silly walking around with those babies on haha!

Another thing I am totally digging right now is the braided/plaited hair styles. I think they look classy and just all round sleek. Especially in winter, cause I think its a lot easier to dress down or just tend to get a bit sloppy in the winter, having hair out of your face, clean and braided, really gives you an nice little edge.



Just before I go, I also want to mention the GoJane Online Website. See those little beauties to your right (obviously I mean the shoe). I have been looking for something quite similar for a long time and have fallen in love with these price and all.
I stumbled across the Go Jane website whilst on a friends blog the other day and I must say I absolutely love some of the shoes,clothes/ styles on this website. Does anyone know if they deliver to Australia, (I might just do a bit more research before I start bothering all of you haha)
Enquire Here. for GOJANE

Hope you enjoyed my basic winter blabbering, I promise I will try make the next post a tad bit more exciting :)
If you havn't followed already, or if your interested in whats going on in my little world of fun, click the username links below!
I'm hoping to start a Vlog channel soon, and get some interviews up but its a bit of a process, and Im still figuring it out!!

TWITTER: JessElleBarton
FACEBOOK: LINK HERE.
INSTAGRAM: jessicaellebarton

XXX
J.E

40 comments:

  1. I loved your blog!!
    Maybe you can visit mine it's about fashion, lifestyle in my natal city and more.. hope you like it

    follow me back I'm your new follower :))

    www.walkingon-gdl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I love your blog - just followed. Thank you so much for stopping by also xxxx

      Delete
  2. That lipstick looks great! Need to check it out in Boots :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will now. Thank you Natalia xxxx

      Delete
  3. Nice post :)
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin?
    Let me know :)

    Kisses!

    http://www.gagcloud.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey GagCloud. Thank you for stopping by. Would love to follow your blog girl xxxx

      Delete
  4. This simple look is gorgeous. :)

    Your latest follower, Lauren x
    http://laurelbay-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm your new follower. You have a lovely blog, so many interesting posts and your so pretty too!

    Hope you can stop by my blog soon and say hi:

    www.victoria-emma.blogspot.co.uk

    Vickyy

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky! Thank you for stopping by absolutely love your blog and am following back :) mwah xxx

      Delete
  6. Hey girl, I would love to live in Sydney, it's sooo cold here ;) And your hair, oh my God, it looks wonderful! The picture of the people working for zero dollars is great, finally someone who shows the real world! Keep up the great work, your blog is wonderful! Feel free to check out mine ;) Kisses from New York City
    http://www.hollylovespaul.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura - thank you so much for stopping by! Always amazes me when I have an international visitor :) Would love to live in New York right now, I bet its alot nicer weather where you are. Hope you are well
      Will Definitely follow your blog. xoxox

      Delete
  7. Love this post, really enjoying reading your blog!! I am following you now :)

    Id be really grateful if you have a minute to visit me!

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already following! :) I love your blog and think I started following yours maybe like 2 months back haha xxx

      Delete
  8. Nice pictures:)

    http://www.fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Oksana. So great to actualy find your blog - Really enjoying your posts, and overall style. Where are those glasses from, honestly they are great! xxxx

      Delete
  9. Hi Jess!

    Really enjoying reading your blog this morning, love this look you've created!

    My blog is still a baby in the blogging world so I would really appreciate it if you had a minute to pop over and give me some feedback!

    beleza-byems.blogspot.co.uk

    Happy new follower,

    Emily xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thanks Em
      Thank you for stopping by :) Ill be sure to check yours out and follow asap
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. So glad I discovered your blog! Definitely am on board with the braids trend, and love the shoes you found - I have been looking for a pair similar so this is a great recommendation!

    I am now following you :)

    - Kathleen
    http://www.fashionablelaughter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Kathleen thank you for finding my blog and for the kind words lol. I will definitely check out your blog and follow asap!
      xxxx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful look!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcela! I am a huge fan of your blog! Big fan haha thanks for your love and support! xxx

      Delete

  12. Hola le he dado un vistazo al blog y me ha gustado muchísimo! Felicidades!

    Definitivamente tienes una nueva seguidora! Espero pases por mi blog y si te gusta sígueme! Seria grandioso! Un beso.


    http://theannieschoice.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Annie GV.
      Thank you for stopping by, I love your jeans post - very cool.
      am following you now. mwah xxxx

      Delete
  13. Love the look! :)

    Kelly xo

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kel, your blog is gorgeous, and I love how informative it is. Following you as of now :) xxx

      Delete
  14. Love your pictures! I really want a white blazer looks gorgeous on you!

    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie. I am following you as of now. Thanks for stopping by xxxx

      Delete
  15. Very pretty look! I'm a new follower, love your blog!
    Kallie, But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kallie I must say your blog is brilliant! I love it and am following you back. Thank you for checking mine out too xxx

      Delete
  16. pretty look :D
    Feel free to check-out my latest blog post and if you like :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go have a look now. I luurrve the Fashion Parade!!! xxxxx

      Delete
  17. I love the plait, it looks great with your highlights.
    I'm a new follower to your blog; its lovely :)

    littlejessybee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica. I love plaits and braid wish I knew how to do them alot better though haha. I have just followed your blog <3 xxxxxx Thank you for stopping by hun!

      Delete
  18. I love the hair! A great stylish way to keep it out of the way :)

    Ria x
    naturiabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ria! I just stopped by your blog and think its just gorgeous! I love your posts and am glad to be following you as of now. xxxx

      Delete
  19. It's pretty much summer here in England and bet its hotter there than it is here. Horrible and rainy. You look very pretty :)

    I have a M.A.C giveaway on my blog at the minute. You should check it out :) www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would totally love to check it out & follow. Thanks for stopping by Becki!! Oh and by the way I wishhhhh I was in England, I have always wanted to see how gorgeous it is there lol xxxx

      Delete